De Sam's Projects.
- A brass rod or copper rob to make your seal on it
- Vinyl Tape or PVC tape
- hydrochloric acid (around 25% for the concentration)
- Hydrogen peroxide at 130 Volume (or even 110)
- A scalpel
- Some gloves for handling acids
- a glass jar to put the mixture in it
- Put the tape on the brass rod and carefully cut out the seal you want to etch with a scalpel.
- Make the etching mixture :
- PUT 100ML OF WATER FIRST
- THEN 75ML OF HYDROCHLORIC ACID
- FINALLY ADD 75ML OF HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
- Put your brass rod in the mixture.
- You should see bubbles and the mixture should turn green after a time.
- you can take it out of the mixture to see how much it has etch and put it back if necessary.